Home vocation Motjari meeting April 18th, 2021 Fr. Foeckler’s Lecture Note

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by 정하상성당.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    정하상성당

Motjari meeting April 18th, 2021 +Ave Cor Mariae 

3rd Sunday of Easter. Paschal Mystery

Condolences for Vivianne, the beloved mom of Sophia Cha, and grandmother of the two Kong sisters. May the Lord be with you forever at your resting place. 

Jesus appeared to disciples:

-Not a ghost – flesh and bone.

-Real body – he eats something.

-His body – the one he suffered with, marks on hands and feet.

-Glorified body- He came through the locked door. He can be at different places. He was radiant.

Jesus will never die again – big difference with other people in the Bible who got resuscitated. 

The cross is very important for the paschal mystery. It is a symbol of triumph over death, and the cause of death, sin. It gives us the great fruit of the resurrection. 

Jesus came back from the dead with his own will. Three people in the Bible came back from dead: Lazarus, the daughter of Zairus, and the widow’s son at Naim. They were resuscitated, not resurrected — they will die again, but not Jesus. Resurrection is not coming from this life. Resurrection is coming back to a new life. 

Jesus has been shown to lots of people. On the way to Emmaus, Jesus revealed himself to Cleopas and one other unnamed disciple. These two did not recognize him until Jesus broke bread at their supper table.

Today’s Gospel Lk 24:35-48
      The two disciples recounted what had taken place on the way,
      and how Jesus was made known to them 
      in the breaking of bread.

While they were still speaking about this,
      he stood in their midst and said to them,
      “Peace be with you.”
      But they were startled and terrified
      and thought that they were seeing a ghost.
      Then he said to them, “Why are you troubled?
      And why do questions arise in your hearts?
      Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself.
      Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones
      as you can see I have.”
      And as he said this,
      he showed them his hands and his feet.
      While they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed,
      he asked them, “Have you anything here to eat?”
      They gave him a piece of baked fish; 
      he took it and ate it in front of them.

He said to them,
      “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you,
      that everything written about me in the law of Moses
      and in the prophets and psalms must be fulfilled.”
      Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.
      And he said to them,
      “Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer
      and rise from the dead on the third day
      and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins,
      would be preached in his name
      to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
      You are witnesses of these things.”

Jesus did not come back to save lives. Jesus was not a ghost. Some of the Apostles thought Jesus was a ghost: then he let the touch his flesh and bones, his hands and feet, because they bore the nail wounds. They were marks of victory. He meant it is the same body he had, the same one that had been pierced by a soldier. He came out gloriously from the tomb. 

Forgiveness of sins was the goal for Jesus’s suffering.

Parts of today’s reading (Acts 3:13-15, 17-19)

Now I know, brothers,

that you acted out of ignorance, just as your leaders did;

but God has thus brought to fulfillment

what he had announced beforehand

through the mouth of all the prophets,

that his Christ would suffer.

Repent, therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be wiped away.

The resurrection is real.

The disciples are not necessarily gullible people. Thomas was not there when Jesus first came to the Apostles. Jesus later showed him, made him poke his fingers in the wounds. The Apostles were then convinced by those things.

1. The empty tomb. Not too far from the Calvary, there was a cave, hewn out of rock. Women came back to the tomb, found the rock rolled back to open the tomb. There was an angel, asked them why they tried to find Jesus the Nazareth within the dead. Mary Magdalene runs back to the disciples.
      2. John saw the empty tomb, and realized that Jesus has resurrected.
      3. Soldiers saw Jesus has resurrected. Falling asleep and failing to guard the tomb would have been punishable by the law. Whole cohort of soldiers, at least four or five of them were past asleep while the Jesus’s body with 100lbs of Myrrh which might have been felt like moving a huge fish, while moving the heavy hewn rock door rolled on the side was an impossible mission. And the 40 yards of cloth were neatly folded on the side of the bed. Enemies have admitted the tomb was empty, they just have other version of the story, which was not less credible.
      4. Jesus’ mother Mary. Jesus would have gone to console his mother, and that’s exactly what he did. Also, Mary knew he would be resurrected.
      5. Psalm 22: there are many references in the Old Testament about Jesus’ death. 
      6. The sign of Jonah. What happens to Jonah? Just as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the whale, so was the son of the God. First word Jonah on the beach by the God was “Arise!” which is the same word Jesus used to the dead daughter. Miraculous conversion of the gentiles (Ninevites). All the people throughout the ages down to today, we still celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. North Africa, whole Bavarian…

Josh Groban, You Raise Me Up 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.