- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 1 month ago by 정하상성당.
August 25, 2016 at 5:29 am #46095정하상성당
DATE : 8/19/2016 PLACE : St. Paul Chong Ha Sang Church ( Des Plaines)
SPEAKER : Fr. Foeckler, Miles Jesu TOPIC : Solemnity of Assumption of Mary
+ Ave Cor Mariae – Hail Heart of Mary
August 15th – Solemnity of the Assumption of
the Blessed Mother.
Blessed Mother is Virgin Mary and Mother of
On Solemnity days:
Gloria, Creed, Like Sunday and Holy day of Obligation
(When it falls on a Sat or Mon, not required to attend Mass)
Immaculate Conception :
Mary was conceived without Original sin.
(Feast day: Mar 25th): Angel Gabriel announced to Virgin Mary that
she will give birth to a son and become the mother of
Jesus, the Son of God.
day: May, 31st): Mary
visited her cousin, Elizabeth.
“When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the
baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled
with the Holy Spirit” – Luke
Birth of Jesus (Dec, 25th)
5. Perpetual Virgin : Ever, Always, before the birth, during the birth and after
6. Assumption (Feast day: Aug, 15th) :
assumed body and soul into Heaven.
been taken up into Heaven by God.
(* Ascension: Jesus ascended to Heaven by
himself after 40 days of Easter.)
* Why Mary?
– Always Holy!
Mary always did what God wanted to do!
– Mother of God
– Unique privilege to be born sinless
– Humanity, Meekness, Purity, Obedience
* What are the
consequences? * What do we get from this
We should be happy because we see the fruit of why Jesus came and died on the cross for us.
We see Mary was taken up to heaven, so we can go up to heaven.
2. “Holy Mary prays for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death”
3. Hope (not Human hope)
– Theological Virtues
We will join
in one God one day in heaven.
We have hope
because Jesus promised us that if we believe in Him, we may have eternal life.
We have hope because we will all rise at the
end of time as Mary did in Heaven!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.